The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
11 Random things about me:
1. My baby toe on both feet is triangle shaped. Weird, I know!
2. I have three kids but for many years thought I wouldn't be able to have any kids. For no good reason.
3. I always wanted three Persian cats and planned on naming them Freckles, Dimples, and Pimples.
4. I have experienced Love at first site. We are coming up on our 13 year anniversary.
5. Painting furniture has been an interest of mine since I was a teenager. My Dad would go to an auction close by and bring me pieces home to refinish. We loved to watch a t.v. show called The Furniture Guys on PBS.
6. I took Art class all through high school and have enough credits for a minor in art from college. Now I wish I would have taken a risk and gotten my BFA.
7. I once managed a group home for three adult men with Autism and now a week doesn't go by that I don't think about them and wonder how they are now.
8. Favorite Book: Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
9. Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman ... Saw it 10 times in the theatre when I was in high school.
10. Favorite Band: Dave Matthews Band
11. Favorite Food: Seafood especially crab, lobster, and shrimp
Here are the questions I answered:
1. What is your dream home?
Nothing fancy-little cottage on the ocean with lots of family close by.
2. What is your favorite song and why?
You and Me by DMB
It just makes me think of my guy and our amazing life together. We are so fortunate and I am so grateful every day for what we have.
3. What's your family like?
3 kiddos-10,9, and 7. One handsome husband. One spunky, fun chocolate lab. Lots of extended family to love.
4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why?
Oh boy. I'm my own worst critic. I still feel like I have a long road ahead when it comes to blogging. I guess my favorite post so far is my Beach Body First 30 day post. It's real and raw and it's tough to have out there for the world to see. But I am very passionate about health and fitness and so if it inspires just one person to make a change, then it is doing it's job.
5. What are your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
I love, love, love, love love, I could keep going, Miss Mustard Seed. I love her style in decorating, design, and writing. She just seems so real. I was so excited to get to meet her at Luckett's once. Plus she lives only a half hour from me so I can pretend we are BFFs.
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
Ridiculous to say but I have been blogging for almost 8 years and have barely anything to show for it. I have started so many blogs only to throw them aside thinking they will never amount to anything. I am determined not to do that here.
7. Who is your hero?
Gosh, this one is tough. I have many people in my life that I consider heroes. My father in law has lost both his legs from diabetes but does not let it stop him from living a rich life. That's heroic. My mother fought and lost the battle against cancer but the whole time that she was fighting she never once complained or said why me. She always just did what needed to be done.
8. What is your favorite memory of all time?
Summers as a kid. Running around the neighborhood and drinking out of hoses. The day I married my husband. The day each of my kids was born. Too many memories to pick a fave of all time.
9. How do you want to be remembered?
As a kind and loving person
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. If you could meet anyone in the world, who and why?
Jennifer Aniston. There, I said it. And I'd ask her why she didn't kick Angelina Jolie's A**!!!!
Now here are some bloggers I would like to nominate for the Liebster award:
1. Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule
2. Anu @ nalles house
3. Courtney @ a diamond in the stuff
4. Christine @ little brags
5. Jenny @ diy with jen and b
6. Thalita @ the learner observer
7. Brooke @ blissful roots
8. Rachel @ shades of blue interiors
9. Sarah @ imperfect patina
10. Lisa @ house of fab for less
11. Cindy @ simply reinvented
Now here are the questions you should answer:
1. What did you have for dinner last night?
2. Do you believe in soulmates?
3. Aniston or Jolie?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world and money was no object where would you live and why?
5. Who was your celebrity teen crush?
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. Stranded on a beach, what 3 things (not people) do you bring along?
8. Silver or gold?
9. Do you believe in miracles?
10. What would you rather not be caught doing – which you do, of course?
11. If time travel existed and you could change an event in your past what would it be?
I hope you have as much fun participating as I did! Please make sure to link back. I would really love to read all of your posts.